Saturday, June 30, 2012

Mocha Date Balls

I have to confess, I've had a bad week. One of those weeks where, when I am writing down on my daily chart what I've all eaten, I sigh and think to myself, "It's ok, you can start again tomorrow." Even though sugar hurts to eat, I still cheat once in a while. Or more than once in a while, as is the case this week (seriously, why do I work in a bakery?!). By the end of the week my self esteem is down, my stomach hurts and I'm mad at myself for not having more self control. This is how much I like my sweets.

A positive to all of this? It gives me more incentive to experiment so I actually have snacking options around that aren't so bad. I can't say that they're completely healthy, let's face it, carrot sticks are healthy. Dates on the other hand aren't bad but they definitely aren't low calorie either! Whatever, show me a girl that can go long term snacking on carrot sticks and never have a sugar craving and I'll show you a liar! This is for those of us that want to live a healthier lifestyle and be realistic about it! That being said, if you try this recipe and eat the whole batch, you'll be hurting...and probably not any closer to meeting any of your goals :)
So, in moderation, please enjoy!




Mocha Date Balls

150g dates
1 tbsp coconut
1/4 cup pecans
1 1/2 tsp instant coffee
2 tsp cocoa

1. Throw all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until it all looks uniform.
2. Press into balls (it will look crumbly, but it will hold together nicely).
3. Refrigerate.



No comments:

Post a Comment