Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pineapple Mango Pops or Smoothies

Last week we were elbow deep into kitchen renovations, this week it's 30 degrees plus outside! Needless to say, I have not been baking. I desperately want to be, but right now the stove is off limits and all cooking is happening on the BBQ (which I can't complain about, grilled zucchini is amazing!). So until I can get back to my oven, I have to share what I made yesterday. I had a mango I really needed to use in my fridge and pieces of pineapple in my freezer, components to a smoothie I had found a recipe for. Of course I couldn't find the recipe when I decided to make it, but it's so simple it's not really necessary. Once it was all in the blender I realized it was going to be too much for my snack and happened to see my popsicle mold sitting nearby. So yep, I poured the rest into the molds and waited and waited til this afternoon to try it! Both versions = superb!

A yummy, healthy way to cool off and if I think really hard I can imagine it's mango ice cream I'm eating off my popsicle stick!






Pineapple Mango Mix


1 cup frozen pineapple
1 ripe mango
About 1 cup milk
1 cup ice (if wanted)

1. Throw everything in a blender and mix til smooth.
2. For just a smoothie, add ice to make it thicker if you want.
3. For the popsicles don't use ice and the pineapple doesn't really need to be frozen.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment