Thursday, June 14, 2012

Peanut Butter Gingersnaps

I think there needs to be at least one recipe on here! This was the first cookie recipe I experimented with and I was happy with how it turned out. Later I will post about how to make it more of a crunchy, snap kind of cookie, but these are more like gingerbread. (which I prefer!) In fact I think I'm going to go make another batch right now!






Peanut Butter Gingersnaps

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp allspice
1/2  cup honey
1/3 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 egg
1 tbsp blackstrap molasses
1/2 tsp vanilla

1. Beat peanut butter and honey together til smooth.
2. Add in egg, molasses and vanilla til combined.
3. Add all dry ingredients. Mix until well combined. It will be sticky!
4. Use a mini scoop to drop onto a lined cookie sheet.
5. Convection bake at 325 for 6-8 minutes.

This recipe makes 21 mini cookies. Store in a container. Overnight they get really dense and soft!

2 comments:

  1. Great job! I will bake this for myself sometime=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made them this morning! Yummy :) I told Lyndem they made me feel a little bit homesick cause they remind me of cookies my Grandma used to make! I'm looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete