Thursday, June 21, 2012

Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Parfaits!

Today was hot! It was only a little windy, the sun was blazing, and while my version of hot is maybe not others (ahem, 24 degrees), for us in northern (ish) Canada, it's not too shabby! All this to say it felt like summer and I went for a run for my exercise today to enjoy the weather. I got back 40 minutes later red in the face with sweat dripping everywhere, desperately wanting something cold and yummy. Luckily, yesterday I picked up a box of pixie cups and plastic spoons for just that purpose! I had seen a recipe for something like I wanted, except it was comprised of ice cream and peanut brittle, not ingredients I had any intention of using. I also have made a Peanut Butter Toblerone Cheesecake more times than I can count (at work and at home!) and I wanted THAT taste without all of those ingredients. I think I got pretty close and I am SO excited about sharing this recipe! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. After I took the picture I ate it before I even thought about posting...good thing there's 3 more in the freezer!

Just a note...I will put up non peanut butter recipes eventually! Apparently I just really like peanut butter!


 Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Parfaits



1 cup Liberte non-fat plain greek yogurt
4 tbsp natural peanut butter
2 tbsp honey

1 tsp coconut oil
60g dark chocolate (I used 70% Lindt Chocolate)
1/4 cup finely chopped peanuts

1. Mix yogurt with peanut butter and honey til smooth. If your peanut butter is pretty solid, warm it up in the microwave a bit first.
2. Melt coconut oil and dark chocolate together.
3. Chop peanuts and mix in with the chocolate.
4. Layer yogurt mixture with chocolate mixture in dixie cups. End with yogurt and stick a plastic fork through the center. This recipe makes 4.
5. Freeze til done! About 2 hours if you're desperate for them!


**I am particular about my yogurt, I eat this kind every day and I don't think this recipe would turn out the same with just regular plain yogurt, it would be too runny. So please try to find this brand, it's worth it! (No seriously, trust me, I've tried the no-name brand...shudder!)

**I'm also particular about my chocolate, it might be more expensive but it's worth it! It is very dark, and I'm used to the slightly bitter taste but I think in this combination you shouldn't find it too dark even if you aren't used to it!



No comments:

Post a Comment