Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Bran Muffins

Apparently I'm not going to be one of those 'post every day' type bloggers. Sorry! Life somehow always seems to get busy.

I make the muffins frequently and eat them for my snack during my break at work, I really enjoy them and it's a bit of a relief to enjoy some baking of my own in the midst of all the baking I'm surrounded by at work! I make a big batch and freeze them. Even my husband gives these his stamp of approval!



Carrot Bran Muffins


1 1/2 cups bran
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup applesauce
1 egg
1/3 cup honey
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp soda
1 tsp powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup carrots
1/2 cup raisins (optional)

1. Mix the bran and buttermilk together. Let stand 10 minutes.
2. Beat applesauce, egg, honey and vanilla.
3. Add to bran mixture.
4. Mix dry ingredients.
5. Combine with wet ingredients.Mix just until it comes together.
6. Fold in carrots and raisins.
7. Line 12 muffins cups and divide batter equally.
8. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Watch them and take them out as soon as they spring back or they will be dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment