Tuesday, July 31, 2012

No-Bake Bars

This recipe is courtesy of my cousin, Anna. I tried them out one day when I was having a serious sugar craving and LOVED them! They are just like haystacks (no bake cookies), and I think they taste like eatmore bars (although that might just be because it's been years since I've had one...).

Anyway these are worth a try! They're easy, you don't have to turn on the oven, and sugar free! I use rolled oats in my baking, just because they are less processed, but you will notice it makes these a lot more chewy than quick oats will. You decide which oats to use!



No-Bake Bars

3 cups oats
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
5 tbsp cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup butter

1. Boil honey and butter for 1 minute. Add vanilla and peanut butter, stir til smooth.
2. Add oats, coconut and cocoa and stir til combined.
3. Press into a 9x9" pan.
4. Refridgerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment